I got this information from the Weston A . Price website:
• Soy contains trypsin inhibitors that inhibit protein digestion and affect pancreatic function;
• Soy contains phytic acid, which reduces absorption of minerals like calcium, magnesium, copper, iron and zinc;
• Soy increases our requirement for vitamin D, which 50% of American are already deficient in;
• Soy phytoestrogens disrupt endocrine function and have the potential to cause infertility and to promote breast cancer in adult women.
• Vitamin B12 analogs in soy are not absorbed and actually increase the body’s requirement for B12;
• Processing of soy protein results in the formation of toxic lysinoalanine and highly carcinogenic nitrosamines;
• Free glutamic acid or MSG, a potent neurotoxin, is formed during soy food processing and additional amounts are added to many soy foods to mask soy’s unpleasant taste; and,
• Soy can stimulate the growth of estrogen-dependent tumors and cause thyroid problems, especially in women.
Do you think soy is good for you? Some swear buy it. I don’t. I think it’s crap…..